October 2020 Update:
October 14th, 2020
Fall Wrap-up and Indoor Preparations
|Dear KTFC Community,
We are heading into the last stretch of the fall season. We have been spoiled with warm weather, but the temperatures are beginning to drop. The indoor season is scheduled to begin the first week of November, however, please watch for communication from coaches directly, as outdoor training could be extended.
We have held two successful mini meets so far this October, and have three more scheduled before the end of the month. Be sure to take advantage of these opportunities to compete. We are very fortunate and thankful to have a passionate group of coaches and dedicated volunteers who have worked tirelessly to make competing possible. We have received recognition for our efforts from other clubs around the province for continuing to persevere and provide opportunities to athletes during these unprecedented times. We are looking forward to continuing this effort throughout the indoor season with at least three indoor track meets already being confirmed. Stay active with us this winter and make physical and mental wellness a priority. It's never been more important!
Information: Indoor Programs
- Indoor registration is open (season runs November-March)
- Spectators will not be allowed inside the TCC due to city COVID restrictions
- Program times and days have been updated and posted on our website. Please visit "Our Programs" page for detailed information
- There have been a few changes to program times/days which are highlighted below
Program offerings for the indoor season include:
Click here to view specific program days and times.
- New! Mini Track Rascals - Ages 3-5 - DAY CHANGE - Mondays 4:00-5:00pm - 6 week session
- Track Rascals - Ages 6-8 - DAY CHANGE - Wednesdays 5:00pm-6:00pm
- Junior Development Track and Field - Ages 9-12
- Middle Distance Group - Outdoor training will continue until after Provincial XC Championships on November 28th. Indoor training will commence in January. TIME CHANGE - 5:00-6:30pm - Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Track and Field - Ages 13+, including Masters - TIME CHANGE (sprints and hurdles) - 5:00pm-7:00pm, Jumps schedule TBC.
Click here to register.
Fall Competition Updates
October Mini Meet Registration
Results from our mini meets held on October 1st and 10th can we viewed on our website by clicking here. An extended "thank you" goes out to all athletes, officials, coaches and volunteers for making these events successful.
There is still space available in the mini meets listed below. A friendly reminder that parent volunteers are needed to put on these meets. Your work is appreciated and will count towards the fulfillment of your required 12 volunteers hours.
Sat. Oct. 17: Register here
- 600m (9-11 only) – 10:00 am rolling start
- 800m (12+)
- 3000m (U18-Senior)
- New! 3000m RACEWALK ADDED
- 200m (11+) – 11:30 am rolling start
Sat. Oct. 24: Register here
- Triple Jump (13+) – 10:00 am rolling start
- Long Jump (JD through to Master)
- High Jump (JD through to Master)
Sat. Oct. 31: Register here
- 800m (12+) - 10:00am rolling start
- 5000m (U20, Senior)
- 300m (12-15)
- 400m (U18-Master)
KTFC XC Race
KTFC coach Sean Lehmann, with the help from Wayne Richardson from Runners Sole, have worked diligently to navigate through COVID safety protocols and have confirmed that the Club will host a cross-country race in Kamloops on Saturday, November 15th. This is the only date possible as all athletes must comply with COVID-19 regulations which include a 14 day break in between races. The meet will be limited to 50 competitors and is open to U16, U18, U20 (High School) age groups. Spectators will not be allowed. The event will be sanctioned by BC Athletics and registration will be via Trackie.
XC High School Provincial Championships
The Championships will occur on November 28th in the Lower Mainland (details and location TBA).
Indoor Meets (Winter 2021)
Please remember to mark you calendars for our indoor track and field meets for winter 2021:
More details to follow at a later date.
- Kamloops Indoor Startup Meet - Jan 15/16
- 2021 Gary Reed Indoor Invitational - Feb 5/6
- 2021 Van Ryswyk Indoor Invitational - Feb 26/27/28
Uniforms, which will include branded racing singlets and track suits, will be available for purchase for athletes via our online store starting on the first week of November. Delivery will take approximately four weeks. Please stay tuned for an email once ordering is live.
- The Junior Development Committee AGM is taking place on Sunday, October, 24th from 2-4pm in an online format via RingCentral. To register, please click here. For more JD AGM information, please visit here.
- Take some time to read the article published in the Kamloops Daily News on the KTFC throws group: Some of the Country's Best Throwers Belong to Kamloops Track and Field Club. Coach Dylan Armstrong and his athletes are receiving some well-deserved recognition!
- Thank you to Derm Strong for being our unofficial photographer. Continue to check our Facebook and Instagram for fantastic images of training and competitions. Feel free to send photos to email@example.com