Copy
President's Message


President's Message

 

April makes me glad to be a runner. It makes me inspired, hopeful and thankful. April brings us newbies, short sleeves and Boston. It brings people out of hiding and brings them to the trails and pavement. It brings people losing the winter weight and finally getting on board with their resolution. It brings flowers and leaves and short-shorts. April brings more people to our sport.

April brought us gnarly weather for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. It brought us new members to our C25K, Ladies Nite Out and Middle Distance training programs. For Betsy and me, April returns us to racing as a couple: a trail half marathon through Michaux State Forest in Pennsylvania. 

April brings BRRC the Prettyboy Trail Race. If you have yet to venture into trail running, the race on the 17th is a great introduction. 80% of the course is run on rolling fire roads with the other 20% on paved roads and single track trails. It's always one of my favorite races of the year.

This year, April brings us a venue change to a GPS classic. The 15K normally held in White Hall will be moved a few miles up the road and start in Freeland. We're still running on the same trail, we're still starting at the same time. More information is on the website, including a wonderful poem written by our race directors.

Things are coming back to life this April and I'm grateful to be a part of it. I'm thankful to be healthy and looking forward to seeing you on the roads.

 
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Instagram
Instagram
Meetup
Meetup



Copyright © 2016 BRRC, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Baltimore Road Runners Club
P.O. Box 9825
Baltimore, MD 21284

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

 






This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Baltimore Road Runners Club · PO Box 9825 · Baltimore, MD 21284 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp