With the New Year comes new beginnings! And often those new beginnings mean we start to put together our resolutions. This year, we have a step-by-step guide if spinal health is your new years resolutions:
- Get moving!
- The worst possible thing you could do for your spine is to refuse exercise and remain inactive. Be sure to get up and out and moving this year!
- When it comes to your exercise routine, make sure it is frequent and consistent, as well as tailored to fit your needs so as not to overwork or injure yourself.
- Weight Management
- Sometimes excess weight can add strain to your back and spine, so now is the time to take care of some extra pounds.
- Quit Smoking
- Yes, smoking doesn’t only effect your lungs. It can also block your body from absorbing nutrients and healing itself from any back pain or injuries you currently have!
- Get that new mattress
- We are giving you permission to go ahead and get that luxurious new mattress you’ve been dreaming of! Because your spine deserves it!
It’s time to get a handle on your spine health and live free of pain! However, always check with your physician to see if these tips are safe to follow based on your health history. However, if you experience an injury, call First State Spine to schedule an appointment today!