Fascinating Facts About Reviews!
Online reviews are becoming more and more important to Google's Local search algorithm, which is why we always encourage you to gain reviews from happy customers. In order for us to better understand the importance of reviews, let's review several aspects of online reviews:
For questions regarding reviews, give me a call or shoot over an email. We're happy to discuss how you can obtain even more reviews from those customers who support you and your business.
- Why Do Customers Leave Reviews?
- 6 Good Things About Negative Reviews
- Important Statistics on Reviews
Why Do Customers Leave Reviews?
In a recent Google survey, 600 consumers were asked, 'When and why do you typically leave a review for a local business?'
The short answer - Consumers typically want to reward excellent service (does that surprise you?)
The consumer will also call out exceptionally bad service, but very few see that as a primary motivation.
6 Good Things About Negative Reviews
Did you know that the star ratings are of less importance than the content of the reviews? And even more shocking, readers are more inclined to convert if there are negative reviews! Those are not the only great things about having negative reviews, check out these top 6!
1. Greater consumer trust & increased conversions
2. Better prospect qualification
3. If it's not so bad, it's good
4. Chance to impress prospects and future customers by responding
5. Opportunity for outreach and education
6. Meaningful improvement
Important Statistics on Reviews
- 87% of potential customers won't consider businesses with a 1 to 2-star rating
- If a business has a 3-star rating, 57% of consumers will consider using it
- 92% of consumers read online reviews of local businesses
- 33% of consumers regularly read online reviews for local businesses, while 59% occasionally read online reviews
- 73% of consumers read reviews on their PC
- 38% of consumers read reviews on their mobile internet browser
- 73% of consumers form an opinion by reading 1-6 reviews
- 69% of consumers believe that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant
- 80% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations