Dear Lighthouse families,
Thank you for your continued partnership as we navigate through this school year. This morning, I spoke with the Tacoma Pierce County Health Department (TPCHD) about our next steps with a confirmed COVID case within the Middle School student body. Thankfully, the student is doing well.
The following steps have been taken to ensure that we are following the school’s protocol and the TPCHD’s guidance.
- Contacted the TPCHD and received instructions on the next steps.
- Contacted close contacts by end of the school day. All close contacts are quarantined regardless of symptoms.
- No staff was designated as close contacts.
- Cleaned and disinfected all classrooms/cafeteria/hallways where the student was present.
The representative from the TPCHD was very helpful and was impressed with the operational protocols that we have in place. After speaking with them, the following revised Middle School and Elementary schedules are in place.
- Middle School will be back to the full, in-person schedule starting tomorrow, Tuesday, December 1st.
- Elementary will continue the full, in-person schedule this week.
Thank you for your flexibility. I apologize for the substantive change to the Middle School schedule from the prior communication. We wanted to be ready to continue school, per TPCHD guidelines, regardless of modality, but after speaking with their representative, we have been cleared to resume in-person education. I am thankful for their quick return of our phone calls.