Hello Piranha Family!
We have taken our time carefully considering how to create a safe and fun swim season for this summer. We are happy to welcome Austin Smith back as our head coach as well as many returning assistant coaches. We have come up with a preliminary plan as follows. Of course, this is subject to change based upon the announcements from the state and local government and things at Piedmont progress.
1. Practices will be held June 8th- July 29th We will be practicing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. We will not be having stroke clinic this year.
8:00-8:45 13&up & family group
We will continue to consider whether a family practice would be appropriate- when instead of coming at a designated age group time a family would come together at an assigned practice time.
This schedule information is subject to change once signups are complete. Our goal will be to have no more than 30 swimmers practicing during one time block. We will have a maximum of 3 swimmers per lane for social distancing purposes and there will be some time spent both in the deep-end and on dryland with rotations to allow equal time in the water for each swimmer.
2.. We will NOT have coaches in the water with the swimmers. A swim test will be given the week before practice starts and a determination will be made by the coaches.
3. Swimmers will enter through front/main pool entrance and leave through the back gate by the pavilion. The front door will be closed once practice has started to allow coaches maximum time with the swimmers. Please arrive on time. Swimmer should come ready to swim with goggles, cap (if wearing) and kickboard. Our time will be limited so we would like to maximize our time in the pool. If you wish to remain on site during practice, please continue to practice social distancing. If you do not stay on site, please meet your child at the back gate at the close of practice. The team will be expected to follow the PRA 2020 COVID19 guidelines. The baby pool will be closed during practice times. The main door will be opened again at the start of the next practice time.
4. If a swimmer is not feeling well the morning of practice, please do not bring them to practice. We are not currently requiring temperature checks but do not want anyone to be unnecessarily exposed to anything.
5. Meets: There is currently no decision finalized on dual meets. On Wednesdays in July, we plan to have time trial meets, virtual meets, or be able to have a more traditional dual meet. This will be determined with Rocket City Swim League. City Meet 2020 has ben cancelled.
6. It has been determined that swim team rate will remain $95 but we will this year include a swim team t-shirt and a kickboard for each swimmer. Swimmers will be responsible for bringing their kickboard to and from practice and will not be allowed to share. Please mark them for your swimmer to differentiate.
7. The water fountain will not be available on site. If it is needed, please bring a water bottle for your swimmer.
As a reminder, this is subject to change based upon the recommendations of the state and local governments. Please let us know if there are any specific concerns for your swimmer or your family.
The sign up form is linked below. We will also have in person signups Monday, May 25th at the pool 1:00-3:00 on the clubhouse level of the pool deck (or inside clubhouse if raining).