Dear Moonflower Co-op Owners and Shoppers,
We understand that every day there are new uncertainties concerning the coronavirus pandemic. For over a week now, we have been taking preventative steps to minimize risk to our staff, owners, and shoppers. Some of these include: bleaching all surfaces of the store every night, installing hand sanitizer dispensers near registers, frequently disinfecting registers and other surfaces throughout the day, wrapping all bakery and hot bar items, and implementing a no-questions-asked sick call policy for our employees. We’ve also stockpiled immune-boosting supplements, which are selling out extremely fast. Unfortunately, all hand sanitizer is long-term out of stock from our supplier. If you are inclined, please review this information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): Show Me the Science – When & How to Use Hand Sanitizer in Community Settings
We recognize that we provide a vital service to the wellbeing of the community. In order to protect our employees as much as possible and keep our doors open during this time, we are requesting that everyone who comes to the co-op abide by the following guidelines:
- If possible, wash and sanitize your hands before coming to and shopping at the co-op. Feel free to use our restrooms and hand sanitizer dispensers at the front of the store.
- Practice social distancing while in the store.
- For the time being, please do not bring in refillable bulk containers from home.
- Consider using card or check instead of cash if possible.
- If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is symptomatic, please don't come to the co-op, and have a family member, friend, or neighbor shop for you if possible.
While we are being proactive, we are all in this together and need your help to mitigate this situation. Rest assured that we remain committed to serving our community by providing healthy food and medicines throughout this ordeal.
Moonflower Community Co-op