The Clinical Trials listed below include these techniques:
- Brachytherapy (radioactive seeds)
- Laser (interstitial thermal therapy)
- HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound)
Other techniques for focal therapy include * Cryotherapy (mentioned above), and
* IRE (irreversible electroporation). Read more here - Review of Focal Therapy for Localized Prostate Cancer.
Below are 4 Clinical Trials currently recruiting in the United States. Please read the
Basic Eligibility Criteria carefully to make sure you qualify, then call or email the
Contact Person for further information and eligibility.
A few pointers:
- It can take 3 to 4 WEEKS to go through the screening process for a trial. You can usually speed this up by (1) developing a relationship with the clinical trial coordinator or nurse (2) giving them copies of your medical records personally.
- Ask about follow up VISITS involved in the clinical trial. Ask about any reimbursement for travel costs. Many trials do not offer this, but some do.
- Make sure you ask about any COSTS associated with the clinical trial. All trials are different.