When a child has cancer, it's a crisis for the entire family. Child life specialists play an important role in helping children and their families cope with their diagnoses, treatment options and procedures. Upedia's online resource library includes an extensive list of helpful books for parents of children diagnosed with cancer
. Part of the Child Life Satellite Library, this resource was generously contributed by the Pediatric-Oncology Clinic at The Children's Hospital of Winnipeg.
A healthy workplace environment is important for the short- and long-term success of any organization and for the well-being of its employees. Building Healthy Relationships
, a presentation contributed to Upedia's resource library by Catia Stuart,CCLS and Rita Marchildon, CCLS of BC Children's Hospital explores how to build connections within your team.
Each month, What's Up? will highlight a health and/or child life topic related to that particular month.
Back to Top
Upedia Members Say...
Upedia launched a subscriber satisfaction survey this summer to gauge how we're doing from your perspective and to gather your ideas on how we can improve your Upedia experience. We received 41 responses. Here are key findings:
- 50% of those who responded have been Upedia subscribers for 2 or more years.
- Upedia webinars attract the most activity from subscribers, with 63% of respondents saying webinars are their primary reason for visiting the web site and 85% saying they feel webinars are the most useful area of the site.
- Respondents indicated they were "satisfied" with the quality and the variety of resources available on Upedia.
- 66% indicating they typically find information they are seeking from the resource library. The remaining 34% said they were unable to access some of the resources or found resources difficult to locate.
- The majority of respondents said a mobile friendly site that is easier to navigate would be a good way to improve their experience.
Our thanks to everyone who responded to this survey. We will use the feedback to continue improving Upedia as a resource for child life professionals. Indeed, the Upedia team is already putting your feedback into action, reviewing resource documents and links to ensure they are available and up-to-date. A web design team will also be working to make Upedia mobile-friendly and to simplify the navigation on the site. We'll be sure to keep you updated on our progress in future issues of "What's Up!"
Back to Top