F3 Raleigh Newsletter
What Are You Reading?
Ever wonder what spawned F3, what a SadClown is, and the meaning of lexicon gems like MeanMeanStride, Dolphin, and Fern? F3 co-founders Dredd (David Redding) and OBT (Tim Whitmire) are co-authors of Freed To Lead: F3 and the Unshackling of the Modern-day Warrior. Have you read it? If not, here are two ways to get yours hands on a copy of this quick read full of TruthNuggets.
Request one of four copies from Tony Robbins @F3TonyRobbins
using the hashtag #FreedToLead. After reading, sign your F3 name and Twitter handle on the inside cover. Then tweet that you've read it and are passing it along for another member of the PAX to enjoy using the hashtag #FreedToLead. Hand it off at your next post. New reader continues step one, repeat.
Purchase a copy from Amazon.com
. Read and follow step one.
- SIgn up is live for the Fall Mud Run - Takes place on Saturday, October 4 - This is the 'Super Bowl of F3' - expecting 750 Pax from across the F3 Nation this time around - sign up here - Just sign up - #nimblepanda
- First 500 reached Saturday (#FreedtoLead reference). This past week we reached 500 posts, a first for F3 Raleigh. In the Spring of 2013, we were hovering around 100 per week.
2nd F - CSAUP
- LOTS of new workout have come on line - check out revised schedule below and map page here: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?mid=zWshT1zYgLSQ.kj12srsy75h
2nd F - Social
- 8/31 - Shenandoah Mountain 100
- 9/4 - Blue Ridge Relay
Three teams have signed up with this 208 mile relay September 4-5. Consider signing up for this in 2015.
- 10/4 - MUD RUN FALL 2014
Registration is still open. Sign up.
- 10/25 - The MULE (an F3 Raleigh Original)
Click on the link above to sign up for this event. If you don't plan to attend the event, we have a need to 10 people to support The Mule (e.g. Support vehicles, photographers, etc.) We also need five large coolers.) The Mule Sign Up
- Coffeeteria - Saturdays - Cup A Joe (Mission Valley) - Immediately Following Pullen
- Coffeeteria - Saturdays - Mad Hatter (Durham) - Immediately following The Inferno
- Coffeeteria - Saturdays - Panera (N. Hills) - Immediately Following Catalyst
- Rotating Happy Hours - tune in to @F3Raleigh on Twitter to find out more
- 8/14/14 F3 Raleigh Bowling - The Alley - Competition. 8/14/14 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM. 2512 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh. $10 per person for bowling, appetizers provided. Team sign up via the link above.
- Thirsty Soul Thursday - 2nd and 4th Thursdays - Bible Based Discussion Group - noon to 1pm - 4600 Marriott Drive, Ste. 150 - Bring your lunch - Site Qs are Orwell, Larry David and Caddie
Current (1st F) Workout Schedule:
Talk to the Site Q if you want to get worked into the QIC schedule. Check the lexicon link below to find out what a 'QIC' is.
- Do you have any content for the Bi-Weekly Newsletter? Send it to F3RaleighNewsletter@gmail.com
- Do you need a website login for f3nation.com to post comments and/or register for events? Send a request with your hospital name, F3 name and email to email@example.com
- Follow F3 Raleigh on Twitter for daily news and updates: @F3Raleigh
- Subscribe a friend to the newsletter: SUBSCRIBE
How To Count. Doing cadence properly and efficiently.
Lexicon: a scattershot listing of lingo, sayings, expressions, acronyms, etc.
The Disclaimer: Read it.