The South West Aboriginal Medical Service (SWAMS) is a non Government Health Service based in Bunbury which provides a variety of health services to Aboriginal people in the South West of Western Australia. SWAMS delivers a wide range of community programs and has a strong growth strategy through partnership opportunities and future community development.
Aboriginal Health Worker (50d) Full Time
Here at SWAMS we have an exciting position available for someone looking to make a difference. As an Aboriginal Health Worker, you will be involved in assessment, care coordination, support, advocacy and community development activities.
Specific requirements of this position include but are not limited to;
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent under section 50(d) Equal Opportunity Act.
- Current Certificate IV (preferred) in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people.
- A demonstrated understanding of the unique issues affecting and impacting upon the health of Aboriginal people
- Experience, skills and knowledge in multidisciplinary teamwork and conflict management.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills along with an ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of health promotion programs.
- Knowledge of community and local Aboriginal cultural issues.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of Communicare or similar clinical database system.
All candidates must have a WA Drivers License and will be required to undertake a National Police Check prior to beginning employment.
In addition to above award wages, Salary Sacrifice is available for the right candidate .
For further information about this position, please telephone the Human Resources Coordinator on (08) 9791 1166 during normal business hours.
To apply for this role, please visit http://www.swams.com.au Current Vacancies and click on the role that you would like to apply for. This will take you to through the online application process. Alternatively please come and see one of the friendly HR staff who will be able to assist you in going through the online application process
Applications must be received by 5pm Wednesday, 14th June 2017
SWAMS reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement prior to the stated closing date.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tia Ashwin on , quoting Ref No. 758896.