• UTPB – UTPB has been awarded a $525,000 Teacher Quality grant, one of the largest in Texas for the 2016-2017 school year. The grant will fund professional development workshops for 60, 4th through 8th grade math teachers at UTPB Stem Academy and Ector, Midland, Presidio and Marfa Independent School Districts. The Teacher Quality Grants Program for higher education is a federally funded initiative that provides grants to promote improved instruction in math and science by providing professional development to teachers.
• Medical Center Hospital – MCH broke ground, March 1st on the ProCare Women’s and Maternity Center located at 375 N. Sam Houston Ave. Permit was issued March 28th, $6,500,000.
• Comet Cleaners – Permit issued 3/2/16, 1000 E. 8th St., new cleaners, $160,000.
• Subway – Permit issued 3/14/16, 980B E. 87th St., interior finish out, $200,000.
• Stanton Optical – Permit issued 3/29/16, 5011 E. 42nd St., Space C, interior finish out, $120,000.
• West Texas Windshield – Permit issued 3/31/16, 400 Penwell Ave., new building for sales/service, $805,000.
• Watermill Express – Permits issued 3/24/16, 5115 E. Dixie Blvd. and 2722 Andrews Hwy, water and ice kiosk, $15,000 per kiosk.