• Osaka Japanese Steakhouse – 4020 Faudree Road, opened for business. Thursday January 14th. The restaurant seats about 275 patrons an employs about 70 workers.
• Chris Kyle Memorial Statue update – The project is expected to be complete in time for a May unveiling at the Veteran Affairs clinic off Highway 191.
• FMC Technologies – The Odessa Development Corporation announced the groundbreaking of FMC Technologies for its new Odessa Supercenter located at 8950 East IH-20. The new facility will consolidate two locations. The ODC provided a $388,125 grant to go toward the capital investment of $13.5 million. In the first phase the new facility will accommodate 35 employees. Phase two will support 85 employees. In total, the facility will support 120 employees.
• West Texas Food Bank – The $9M facility had its grand opening ceremony Friday, January 22nd. It’s twice the size of the old food bank, can house roughly 10.2 million pounds of food a year in its 61,000 square foot space, located at 411 S. Pagewood.
• CIG Odessa, LLC – Permit issued 1/29/16, 2505 S. Grandview Ave., site grading and rail pit, $2,000,000.
• C&D Rentals, Inc. – Permit issued 1/12/16, 980 E. 87th St., Ste F&G, finish out for gym, $165,000.