Hi <<First Name>>
The board president of a nonprofit or association is critical to the health and success of any nonprofit organization or association. Taking on this role is unlike anything else a board member will do during their volunteer career.
Volunteer presidents sometimes feel the weight of the organization on their shoulders. It can be a scary, daunting and even lonely experience.
And, there are a number of challenges:
The board president can either advance the organization's mission or set the organization back years.
- board presidents have no individual authority but have the responsibility to lead a group of people who do
- managerial skills don't necessarily transfer into the leadership skills needed
- it can be a lot of work and how do volunteers balance their paying job with their volunteer commitment.
Without places to learn the skills needed, they can spend hours trying to figure out what they should be doing combing the internet trying to find the right piece of information to make the right call.
I know I have been there.
I wish I knew the essential skills when I started my term as the President of a small association. I couldn't find a place to get training and skills. I fumbled in the dark. By the time I figured out what I was doing, it was time to step down.
My experience is not unique. I have spoken to many volunteer Presidents and heard similar stories.
This is why I am offering a free 1-hour webinar presented by the Canadian Nonprofit Academy - Essential Skills for a Level Five Board President.
In this 1 hour, you will learn the five essential skills of a Level Five Board President.
You will learn . . . .
- what is the primary job is of a board president or chair
- why being a Board President requires different skills than being a manager
- how Jim Collins in Good to Great defines a Level Five Leader
- the most important skills board presidents need to truly lead their board.
- why facilitation is the most important skill
- where the line is between the role of the board and the role of the staff
This webinar is for anyone who works with a board president, current board presidents, or anyone thinking about taking on the role in the future,
I hope you will attend. Find out more and register here.
Founder, Canadian Nonprofit Academy
Vice President, Becker Associates