Project Trans(m)it, Phase One
Thursday, October 15 at 8pm
and Friday, October 16th at 8pm
The Iron Factory, 118 Fontain St., 3rd Floor
Tickets: available via www.theironfactory.org
and at the door
- Thursday: $15 ($10 concessions)
- Friday: $20 (including post-show party), $15 (artists/students)
Hailing from across the East Coast and beyond the pond, three choreographers come together to present an evening of premieres featuring dance, music and celebration at Philadelphia's own Iron Factory. Choreographers Lora Allen (PHL), Megan Mizanty (NY) and Becca Weber (Coventry, England) are bringing a new and exciting weekend of art to Philadelphia, featuring their original works and dynamic ensembles exploring the boundaries between self and other, internal and external.
As part of a burgeoning collective, Allen, Mizanty and Weber join forces for Project Trans(m)it
, which explores the transmission and transition of movement across space.
- How do you transmit physical information over long distances?
- How can technology transmit embodied information? Can we transmit across distance without technology?
- How can the physical stay present as it transits across distance and mediums?
- How does creating choreography, collaboratively, through technology, change live performance?
As we attempt to explore these questions in a series of solos, we discover the multiplicity of options available to artists operating long-distance with their performers.