To say that I'm a coffee "nerd" is a bit of an understatement; more appropriately, I'm just a guy whose completely obsessed
with creating the perfect cup of coffee.
I've tried the Chemex
, Siphon, EvaSolo,
you name it...but nothing compares to the simple, and consistently balanced cup of coffee that the AeroPress
To mentally prepare for a good writing "sesh," for me, it's all about the morning routine. Coffee is the beginning of my day, and it's not just the quality of the caffeine that makes the difference, but the process of brewing and enjoying my morning cup that matters most.
To help get your mind right & those creative juices flowing, take a peek below at what I believe to be the single greatest brew method & recipe for your morning coffee...AeroPress style:
1) GRIND COFFEE to a fine/medium consistency
2) BOIL WATER then wet the filter of the AeroPress and screw it onto the chamber
3) USE TWO TABLESPOONS of ground coffee and drop it into the plastic chamber of the AeroPress
4) POUR 7oz of water slowly over the coffee, stir for 10 seconds, then let it sit for 1 MINUTE
5) PRESS down on the plunger for 30 seconds to let the coffee extract
-Literary Companion Wordsmith
"When you start to live outside
yourself, it's all dangerous."
(The Garden of Eden)