WE ARE GROWING
God is moving in a big way and so are we! Our ministry is expanding to Nepal.
The beginning of 2019 welcomed a lot of changes for our ministry both in Kenya and in Nepal. Our work permits were up for renewal in Kenya. This gave us a lot of time to reflect and seek the Lord in prayer. He revealed to us in a powerful way that it was time for us to move and get out of His way. Our ministry in Kenya will continue. We will continue to work with and support the church at Mt Paka, we will continue to support several graduates of our prison regeneration program and we will still continue to support several YWAM missionaries...our work there is not done. However, God has shown that it is time for us to move on and focus our attention to the work we were doing in Nepal...and we are so excited to share with you what is happening.
The first time I visited Nepal was in 2015 right after the earthquake. I was going to do some work with YWAM but found out quickly that was not going to happen due to a fuel shortage and the ywam team was stranded on the other side of the country. I returned to my hotel wondering what I would do for the next 45 days waiting on my departing flight. I logged onto the wifi and noticed a fb message from my Genesis Counselor trainer. He said there was a guy in Kathmandu that was running a Christian Rehab Center and had requested some training and asked if i would go and check them out to see if they were real or were just some kind of scam. I called the guy and we met for coffee the next day. They were real. His name is Parasu Giri and he has been running Vision Rehab Center in Lalitpur Nepal for several years now. I spent my remaining time in Nepal with Parasu, Shon and the guys at Vision Rehab Center. Since that first encounter, I have visited Nepal several times and have always felt that once we had completed our calling in Kenya that I would return to Nepal with my family. That time is now.
The challenge: Nepal is very different. Our biggest challenge will be getting visas to stay in the country. Kenya had missionary visas that we applied for and received fairly easily. Nepal will require us to get a business visa...which will require us to start a business. This is challenging but also very beneficial as we want the rehab center to be self sufficient. Our solution, or rather God's solution, is Uzima water filters!...the same Uzima water filters we helped distribute in Kenya. The guy that started Uzima had an office next to mine in Kenya and as I was leaving Kenya he heard we were going to Nepal and casually said " i would love to get filters in that area of the world." I realized we needed a business to stay in Nepal and Tara was quick to remind me that God has provided one. He is good and He is moving and we are moving along with Him! Will you join us? We still have a lot of work to do..."the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." Mathew 9:37-38
- for our work in Kenya! what a blessed time we had working within the culture and people of such a beautiful place.
- for our staff in Kenya who will continue the work of the ministry: John B, John S, Cliff, Justice, Boniface, Baraza, YWAM, Trinity Vineyard Church, Desert Rose, etc.
- for our continued support during our time of transition
- for our amazing relationships hosting World Race and YWAM DTS teams.
- for safe travels
- for resting in Him
- for Christopher Bradley Beauchamp turning 8 months and crawling all over the place.
- for our staff in Kenya as we transition.
- for guidance as we set up a business in Nepal. I am not a business man and will need His guidance along with others to come and support as we set this up.
- for the church at Mt Paka.
- for the regeneration program graduates working in the ministry
- for our continued relationship with World Race and YWAM DTS teams.
- for vision rehab center; men's and women's program
- for finances. we still have a budget for Kenya and are working on a new budget for Nepal.
- for rest as Christopher gets his new teeth.
Thank you and God Bless
Yesu Ni Safari...Jesus is a journey!
Joel, Tara, Caroline and Christopher