Dear Prayer Warriors,
We have been in Nepal for almost two weeks and the spiritual warfare is evident. Tara and I have been experiencing spiritual attacks on us and our ministry. After praying with Parasu and Shon, we have decided to enter into a time of corporate prayer and fasting. There are three instances that we have experienced and believe it is a direct attack on us, our family and our ministry.
Parasu, Shon, Tara and I feel it is time for us to move into a season of corporate prayer and fasting. We are inviting YOU to join us. We will be committing ourselves to a Daniel fast for the next 40 days (to begin Monday Oct 14 and conclude on Friday Nov 22). The Daniel fast guidelines are listed below.
- There is alcoholism/addiction in Joel's immediate family and it is causing broken relationships.
- Tara was 10-1/2 weeks pregnant when we arrived in Nepal. She had some bleeding and we rushed to the hospital to find out there was no heartbeat. The next few days we had a miscarriage.
- The day after the miscarriage we traveled to Tansen for a youth conference and our vehicle was hit head on by a motorcycle and the motorcycle driver died at the scene in front of us.
We want specific prayer on the following requests:
Thank you for praying with us and for us and supporting our ministry in Kenya and Nepal.
- for the family of the deceased motorcycle driver to experience the comfort of the Holy Spirit and the salvation of Jesus Christ as they mourn the loss of a loved one.
- for the driver of our vehicle involved in the accident to come to know Jesus as his personal savior.
- to remove any fear and/or doubt in our ministry so that we may boldly proclaim the gospel
- for us all to hear God's voice more clearly and feel His presence in our lives, in our families and at Vision Rehab Center.
- for the repair of broken relationships in Joel's family.
- for Joel and Tara's long term visa in Nepal.
Jai Masih...Victory to the Messiah!
Parasu, Shon, Joel and Tara
Daniel fast Guidelines
I have attached below the general guidelines for the Daniel Fast that we have used at Glory Shiners Ministries. It is just a guide to be used. We encourage you to begin your fast in prayer and make a commitment between you and the Lord. We will be praying for you to have a spiritual breakthrough as well and ask that you share your journey with us too!
click on photos to enlarge. if you would like a pdf copy please send me a reply and Ill email them to you. God Bless.